Welcome to Explore York Libraries and Archives.
Now that you are a library member you can decide how you want to use us. Please remember that libraries will look a little different for a while due to Covid-19 safety measures.
Get on line with us
Unfortunately all group activities (including children’s storytimes) in libraries are suspended at the moment due to Covid-19 safety measures. Here are some of the activities normally on offer:
We would like to send occasional mailings to let you know about events and activities and offers you won’t want to miss out on. All these will be online during Autumn 2020.
Sign up for the Explore Events email
Did you know …
Explore York Libraries and Archives is a non-profit making mutual benefit society with charitable status. Please consider supporting us with a cash donation or by shopping online using Easyfundraising.
We welcome donations of books and you can find out more about donating here.
We have 15 libraries across York (and a mobile library) to make it easy for you to access our services. We also have two modern reading cafes offering a range of freshly prepared meals and homemade cakes.
Be involved… or Get Involved
There are lots of ways you can get involved and support Explore.
- Become a community member and help shape the future of Explore
- Become a Friend of your local library
Connect with us …
We would love to hear your ideas so please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or chat to a member of staff when you next visit
- Over a million people visited us last year
- Over a thousand events were enjoyed
- The most popular children’s book was ‘Goodnight Peppa’ with 136 loans
- Explore York Archives holds over 1.5 miles of archives, and 60,000 Local History items, telling the story of York and its inhabitants over nearly 850 years.
Connect with others …
Have a drink on us!
Show your Welcome email (the one you clicked to find this page) within 2 weeks at any of our cafes and have a free coffee, tea or fruit cordial.