- Monday 9.30am to 12pm and 2pm to 5pm
- Tuesday 9.30am to 12pm and 2pm to 5pm
- Wednesday closed
- Thursday 9.30am to 12pm and 2pm to 5pm
- Friday 9.30am to 12pm and 2pm to 5pm
- Saturday 9.30am to 12.30pm
We’re now open for you to drop-in, browse and borrow – and you don’t need an appointment.
You can use a PC too. Please use our booking webpage to book a session. You’ll need your library card number and PIN to log in. Alternatively just give us a ring to book a session.
Photocopying is available.
A click and deliver service for vulnerable customers continues through the Home Library Service.
Music Hub Library at Huntington Library.
This collection comprises more than 4000 items relating to all aspects of the teaching and performance of music from tutor books to classical symphonies and sheet music. Individual items and sets are borrowable to any music group or individual with a Music Hub library card ( you can get one of these at any York library) up to 10 pieces at a time, free of charge for a 3 month loan period and are renewable. It’s open to borrowers outside York and sets are reservable and can be sent to any York library to collect or you can come in and browse. The complete collection can be viewed via our catalogue.
We want everyone to enjoy our libraries again and feel confident when using them.
So when you visit us please remember:
- From 10 December 2021 – following the government announcement – you are required to wear a face covering in all our libraries, archives and reading cafes.
- Respect other people’s need for space.
- Protect each other: sanitise your hands and choose to wear a face covering in busy spaces.
- Please avoid visiting us if you are feeling unwell
And, above all, be kind to each other and our staff.
What’s on at Huntington Library
Knit and Knatter: Every Tuesday 10am-12pm drop-in.
Under 5’s Storytime: Every Thursday 2.15pm-2.45pm drop-in for stories and rhymes.
Lego+ Club: Every Tuesday 3-4 pm and every Saturday 10.30 – 11.30am. We have Lego and K’nex for you to build with, drop-in.
Car park available next door to Doctors’ surgery. There are 6 spaces available and 1 accessible space.
Street parking is available right outside and is free.
A bike rack is available to use outside the Doctors’ surgery.
First York Buses, 5 and 5a have stops on the main Huntington Road outside the Working Men’s Club coming from town, and outside the school on the other side of the road going into town. The stops are a 2 minute walk from the library.