This page collects some resources we think you may find helpful at this time.
- Government Guidance
Official advice including financial and employment support; travel guidelines; statistics on cases and more.
- City of York Council
Local government information including schools closures; social care; volunteering and more.
- City of York Council COVID-19 Helpline: If you’re on your own and struggling to manage, or you don’t have any support, but need it because of COVID-19, City of York Council may be able to help you through this difficult time. Contact them by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or telephone: 01904 551550.
Advice for specific groups
- Coronavirus: a book for children, illustrated by Axel Scheffler is available free for anyone to read on screen or print out. This is a digital book for primary school age children, about the coronavirus and the measures taken to control it.
- Mencap Easy Read Information about Coronavirus
- Beyond Words Beating the Virus, a short story, without words, that will help people to understand what to do if they have Coronavirus and how to keep safe.
- Age UK Information about Coronavirus
- Alzheimer’s Society Coronavirus advice for people affected by dementia
- Asthma UK Health Advice
- Diabetes UK Coronavirus Updates
- British Lung Foundation Coronavirus Information
- Macmillan Cancer Support and Coronavirus